If you've every trained for and run a half or full marathon, you know how hard the training, racing and post-race are. Running a 5k is a much better bet and here's why:
1. Training: You can train for a 5k and still have a life. Or you can not train for a 5k and still have a life. We're not going to tell you how to live your life. But let's face it, most of us get tired just thinking about training for a 1/2 marathon.
2. Budget: The race costs only $37, and for that you get a race shirt, a finisher medal and the best Mac and Cheese you’ll eat from Dan’s Gourmet Mac and Cheese. So head on over and register yourself and a friend or two, or five. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/every-girl-counts-fall-classic-tickets-25233472997?aff=eac2
3. Staycation: Looking for something to do over Fall Break? Its fun for the whole family. For each adult 5k entry you get a Kids 1 Mile Fun Run for FREE!(Parenting tip: it's a great way to wear out the rugrats for the rest of the afternoon, so you can catch up on that Flip or Flop marathon on HGTV.)
4. Style: If you ever ran a half or full marathon, you probably had water bottles, gels, bars, fuel belts and Vaseline stains... You'll need NONE OF THAT for a 5k. So ditch that goofy runners fanny pack and wear whatever you want. You can even run a 5k in jorts and not get chaffed. Just trust me on this one. 5k for the win!
5. Time: With a race start time of 8 am you’ll still be ale to make your Saturday trip to the mall, that soccer game and stop at the store for your favorite evening beverage. Plus, like we said earlier, it takes less time to train for a 5k than it does a half or full marathon. And time is money. So we're basically paying you to run this thing. You're welcome.